HEALTH DATA ANALYST I
Performs data analysis on healthcare data using database queries, spreadsheets, and data visualization software. Responsible for highlighting insights, key takeaways and summarizing results from large datasets in a manner that is easy to understand. Plays an important role in supporting the reporting function for recurring external group reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Writes SQL queries to pull data (medical, pharmacy and dental claims; eligibility; premium; lab results & biometrics; predictive model outputs like risk scores and risk of hospitalization measures). Optimizes queries for speed and ensures the accuracy of the data.
- Defines the scope of the data analytic requests by clarifying and documenting what questions the end-user is trying to answer and how the results of the analysis will be used after it is delivered. After completion of analysis, performs necessary follow-up to ensure analysis meets expectations and that end-user understands how to interpret it.
- Builds visually intuitive Tableau dashboards that are easy to use to answer likely questions from the end-user. Optimizes visualization speed with common filter interactions. Sets up automatic data refreshes, trains end-user in any functionality of dashboard, and schedules regular follow-ups with end-users to see if there are questions or feedback.
- Uses Excel to perform advanced ad hoc analytical projects that involve text parsing, lookups, pivot tables, and graphs in a timely manner.
- Assists in updating recurring reports. Investigates and takes action to correct any discrepancy in the data to ensure the integrity of the reports.
- Presents data and conclusions to department and manager for peer review.
- Finds meaningful insights from large data sets and assigned analytical assignments and succinctly summarizes and presents conclusions and key takeaways to others.
- Finds ways to automate and streamline projects and reports that are commonly recurring.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as required.