Experienced Professional Job Postings
Eli Lilly and Company
Mon, 08/14/2017 - 15:33
Northrop Grumman at Hill Air Force Base
Systems Engineer/Data Analyst
Wed, 08/09/2017 - 10:19
Northrop Grumman at Hill Air Force Base is looking for a Systems Engineer/Data Analyst. This position is for an individual with a MS degree or a BS degree and a couple years of experience.
The link is to the website for the job description and submitting an application.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
Director's Financial Analyst
Mon, 07/31/2017 - 09:09
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is recruiting for the Director’s Financial Analyst position and want to encourage BYU students or recent graduates to apply. Eligible applicants will have graduated in the last two years or will graduate by December 2017.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This unique, two-year rotational fellowship sits at the intersection of the federal government and the financial services industry. Director’s Financial Analysts are given the opportunity to hone analytical and problem solving skills while helping to make markets for consumer financial products work for Americans. Members of the Director’s Financial Analyst Program will experience diverse roles, responsibilities, and areas of expertise. As a result, in a short period of time, analysts will play an integral role in everything the CFPB does, from rigorous data-driven policy creation and market monitoring to on-site supervision of market participants. All analysts will complete developmental rotations in offices throughout the CFPB. These rotations are designed to provide exposure to the analysis, strategy, research, education, policy development, supervision, enforcement, and rulemaking activities throughout the Bureau.
They are recruiting for positions that begin in October 2017 or later. The fellowship is a full-time position located at the CFPB’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Previous Director’s Financial Analysts have used the program as a springboard to further their careers. Some graduates of the program have moved on to:
- Graduate school (Columbia Economics, Harvard Business, Yale Law)
- Private industry (Amazon, Uber, Quicken Loans)
- Public sector (Department of the Treasury, NY Fed)
If you have questions please email email@example.com and we will get you in contact with representatives from the company.
Tue, 07/18/2017 - 08:50
Domo in American Fork is looking for a MS/PhD statistician to fill an opening for a Data Scientist. They are interested in hiring a graduate of BYU.
Location: American Fork
Job Code: 2564
Domo is changing the way Executives manage their business. Pivotal within the most innovative business management platform. As a Data Scientist at Domo, you will help implement the applicable big data systems and help create and implement algorithms in relevant statistical inference.
- Work – Are you someone who has ideas and will stop at nothing until those ideas are made a reality?
- Fight – Domo looks for individuals who can drive their own ideas forward and who can also support the initiatives within their team.
- Innovate – Are you someone that can’t stand the status-quo? Do you improve upon the ideas of others?
- Create – Like to build? Do you have a creative drive? Domo has a culture that embraces creativity.
- Serve – We’re all about the customer. We expect you to be relentless in your defense of the customer experience. We’ll do the same.
- Understand existing business flow and website features, dive into the underlying data, apply relevant Data Mining techniques and/or Machine Learning algorithms and propose data analytic product to improve the website intelligence
- Implement the applicable Machine Learning or statistics-based algorithm for prediction and optimization and deliver the trained model to production
- Create and implement algorithms in relevant statistical inference, graph, and network analysis, natural language processing with open source tools and libraries.
- Design, build and support algorithms of data transformation, conversion, computation on Hadoop, Spark and other distributed Big Data Systems
- Design and support efficient storage and retrieval of Big Data
- Bachelor’s Degree. (Preferred Masters Degree or above in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, or similar quantitative field) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience with machine learning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and time series analysis.
- Strong data discovery, visualization, and analysis skills.
- Experience with big data using technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Pig, and Hive.
- Previous hands-on exposure to statistical software packages like R, SciPy, Matlab, SPSS, SAS).
- Experience with a variety of relevant data manipulation languages (Python, Java, SQL)
- Comfort with working in a Linux environment.
- A genuine desire to organize data and make it accessible with the technical skills to bring your ideas to reality
- An enjoyment in working with teammates to produce quality outcomes.