Manages critical organization data and data systems, turns data into information, information into insight, and insight into recommendations for business decisions and to provide analytical support for the organization, with a holistic view of members and the business.
Corporate Tanner Building
7167 S Center Park Drive
West Jordan, UT 84084
To be effective, the following duties must be completed successfully:
- Manages data, including coordination of building and enhancing data warehouse and maintenance of high-level organizational data.
- Works with internal and external clients to understand, define and document overarching business objectives and data needs for the organization.
- Conducts in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods, authors reports which contain actionable recommendations, and presents results.
- Interprets data, analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Proactively applies analytical acumen and a breadth of tools and data sources to answer a wide range of impactful business questions.
- Manages implementation and maintenance of BI system(s) for the organization, including creation of dashboards and end-user interface.
- Collaborates with Operation and Support teams to develop necessary dashboards and reports.
- Collaborates with ETL Developers regarding data warehouse and BI/Dashboards.
- Ensures high data query quality and reliable insights.
- Manages data risk review process for all data warehouse reporting.
- Develops reports for organization and internal teams as needed.
- Acquires and maintains data from primary and secondary sources.
- Stays appraised of new and improving technology and analysis methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Eight years or more of similar or related experience
- Banking/Finance experience preferred
Four-year college degree
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong experience with T-SQL and MS-SQL
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft BI, SSRS, SSMS
- Advanced level skill for Excel, including statistical add-ins
- Intermediate knowledge in analytical software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Oracle
- Experience with predictive analysis tools such as R, SAS, and Python is preferred
- Working knowledge of Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF) is preferred
Must have the ability to read, understand and carry out instructions in written and oral form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Project management
- Adaptive to change
- Responds positively to altered circumstances or conditions
- Effective communication skills with technical team members as well as business partners. Able to distill complex ideas into straightforward language