The AE role combines deep, analytics skills and a sound understanding of the processes and data that support the business of healthcare to inform a fundamental transformation of healthcare delivery as we know it today. The primary accountability of the AE is to ensure there is always a queue of measurable opportunities for our clients to act upon that will drive down cost, improve quality, and improve patient experience.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Training up client resources to own analytics work in the future
- Helping assess what applications from the HC library would be valuable to deploy at the client site
- Providing analytic continuity at the client through all phases of deployment.
- Implementing and promoting Catalyst methodologies, while acting in the long-term best interest of the client.
- Managing client expectations and timelines for analytic deliverables.
- Navigating difficult client conversations with professionalism.
- Supporting the Analytic Director (AD) in key areas, including deployment, communication on the status of progress to clients, knowledge transfer and training on HC platform and technologies.
- Presenting analytic insights to clinical/operational/financial client stakeholders.
- Interfacing with a variety of Health Catalyst (HC) roles (such as senior directors, product line managers, clinical staff, etc.) on an as needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage HC software and technologies to perform varied analyses to support client outcomes improvement initiatives across clinical, operational and financial domains.
- Design data models and visualizations that meet project requirements and comply with HC design standards and principles.
- Manage technical client projects by providing technical oversight; ensure assigned projects are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines.
- Conduct data validation tests to ensure quality of measurement.
- Work with client data architects to train and mentor on HC tools and methodologies
- All other duties as assigned
- Expert level in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and principles. Familiarity with multiple ETL applications is a bonus.
- Deep experience designing, implementing and loading custom data models that reflect real-world problems
- Strong experience delivering analytics to technical, non-technical and leadership teams that influence and support business strategy
- Strong experience developing visualizations that consume data models for non-technical users
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to interact with and communicate with all levels of employees and clients
- Self-motivated; comfortable working at times with limited direction