Actuarial Analyst - Mercer
Mercer in Houston has an open position for an entry level actuarial analyst.
- Work closely with senior consultants to design, finance, price and administer clients’ health and welfare programs.
- Develop employee contribution strategies to meet employer cost objectives and help develop customized pricing and valuation models.
- Price medical and prescription drug plan designs using proprietary Mercer tools.
- Analyze vendor renewals and plan experience and estimate future plan costs.
- Develop basic underwriting and actuarial skills.
- Build an awareness of health care or retirement plan design, cost factors and the renewal process, as well as industry products, services and tools, including Mercer Health & Benefits or Retirement products, budget setting, rate setting, and evaluation.
Actuarial interns and analysts, in the US, have passed at least one exam and are working to obtain an ASA or FSA designation.
If you are interested in the position please send your resume to BJ Baldwin (contact info below).
BJ Baldwin, ASA, MAAA, Principal