Senior Data Analyst - Mountain America Credit Union
Manages critical organization data and data systems, turns data into information, information into insight, and insight into recommendations for business decisions and to provide analytical support for the organization, with a holistic view of members and the business.
Corporate Tanner Building
7167 S Center Park Drive
West Jordan, UT 84084
To be effective, the following duties must be completed successfully:
- Manages data, including coordination of building and enhancing data warehouse and maintenance of high-level organizational data.
- Works with internal and external clients to understand, define and document overarching business objectives and data needs for the organization.
- Conducts in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods, authors reports which contain actionable recommendations, and presents results.
- Interprets data, analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Proactively applies analytical acumen and a breadth of tools and data sources to answer a wide range of impactful business questions.
- Manages implementation and maintenance of BI system(s) for the organization, including creation of dashboards and end-user interface.
- Collaborates with Operation and Support teams to develop necessary dashboards and reports.
- Collaborates with ETL Developers regarding data warehouse and BI/Dashboards.
- Ensures high data query quality and reliable insights.
- Manages data risk review process for all data warehouse reporting.
- Develops reports for organization and internal teams as needed.
- Acquires and maintains data from primary and secondary sources.
- Stays appraised of new and improving technology and analysis methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Eight years or more of similar or related experience
- Banking/Finance experience preferred
Four-year college degree
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong experience with T-SQL and MS-SQL
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft BI, SSRS, SSMS
- Advanced level skill for Excel, including statistical add-ins
- Intermediate knowledge in analytical software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Oracle
- Experience with predictive analysis tools such as R, SAS, and Python is preferred
- Working knowledge of Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF) is preferred
Must have the ability to read, understand and carry out instructions in written and oral form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Project management
- Adaptive to change
- Responds positively to altered circumstances or conditions
- Effective communication skills with technical team members as well as business partners. Able to distill complex ideas into straightforward language