Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security – all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed.
This Financial Benefits Analyst position performs duties and responsibilities which resemble those typically associated with a financial benefits actuarial analyst. Analysts on our team are often assigned multiple projects to work on simultaneously while maintaining a significant familiarity with the quality and progress of each project. As an entry level analyst, learning is often project driven and training is non-traditional due to the vast number of projects that vary in complexity and nature. Many projects cross apply methodologies and assumptions. This position is part of the Regional Team supporting multiple offices across the South Central Region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn actuarial concepts on a project driven basis
· Demonstrate ability to work professionally as a team member in a group with diverse backgrounds
· Communicate effectively in fast pace work environment and be able to multi-task to meet deadlines with quality and accurate deliverables
· Demonstrate willingness to take on leadership roles and responsibility for projects as well as advancement of career in financial benefits consulting
· Negotiate plan renewals to achieve best value for the client
· Provides monthly, quarterly, and annual financial monitoring reports tracking expenses by product lines; adapting to various carrier reporting websites
· Prepares budgets and contribution strategies for various product lines by collecting historical data, developing and estimating trends, preparing assumptions and examining plan values.
· Works closely with senior financial benefits consultants and account management teams to tailor financial deliverables to the needs of each client
Desired Skills & Experience & Required Education:
· Bachelors degree with a Financial/Statistical/Math background preferred
· Reporting and analytical skills
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, Microsoft Access, and familiarity with reporting systems
· Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
· Attention to detail
· Ability to take initiative and carry out job responsibilities with a minimum level of oversight once trained
Please send all inquiries to Daniel Lees (contact email@example.com for email).