Actuaries use their analytical abilities to help manage Cigna’s risk with a strong focus on improving business results. As a Cigna employee, you have the opportunity to differentiate yourself and go as far as your talent and drive will take you.
The purposes of Cigna's Actuarial Executive Development Program (AEDP) are to (1) attract and retain high-caliber actuarial professionals who will perform financial and actuarial functions and (2) facilitate member development in pursuit of attaining senior level managerial and leadership roles throughout the organization. Cigna values its actuaries and helps them to learn, grow, and excel throughout their career. And while your career path is ultimately in your hands, the AEDP will help you along the way. The AEDP helps develop its full time members through job rotations and actuarial exam support and we have had program graduates reach CEO, Chief Financial Officer, Operational and Technical leadership positions as well as roles that require more subject matter specific expertise, both across the US and around the world!
AEDP members are expected to rapidly attain their Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (SOA) while making meaningful positive contributions to Cigna’s businesses. The program financially supports exam fees, study materials, and allows for paid time off from work so students may prepare for and take exams. Salary increases provided upon the successful completion of each exam will be reflective of a combination of progression towards the Fellowship designation and contributions to the business.
- Rotations: Work closely with the AEDP director, who is a fully dedicated FSA, to identify diverse roles that will develop skills and provide challenging work that directly impacts business results and help you grow into a business leader at Cigna.
- Exam support: Paid study time, SOA exam fees and materials, raises for passing exams
- Compensation: Earn highly competitive compensation and benefit packages that reward for both exam and work performance
- Community: Be a part of a large, tightly-knit community of actuaries and AEDP associates, not only in your local office, but also around the US and across the globe!
- Hartford, CT area (Bloomfield)
- Philadelphia, PA
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- Nashville, TN
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3.2 GPA or higher is preferred
- 0-4 years professional work experience
- Successfully completed at least one SOA examination
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of a strong desire and demonstrated ability to lead
- Drive to develop business and actuarial skills through ongoing training and varied rotations