Jacob Moody (a recent graduate) is looking for a part-time analytics intern. The job description is attached. If you are interested please send him your resume directly (email email@example.com for Jacob's email).
Statistics Job Postings
Blue Raven Solar
Thu, 03/22/2018 - 15:35
Wed, 02/21/2018 - 08:13
Navitaire, wholly owned Amadeus Company, (Salt Lake City, UT) is looking to hire a Data Scientist.
- Develop and implement predictive models to achieve objectives such as increasing revenue and conversion rates.
- Assist and mentor other analysts at Navitaire and help train Navitaire customers on the development and use of statistical modeling.
- Use a combination of data visualization techniques to assist understanding and use of customer’s data.
- Become a domain expert on the analytical opportunities to be explored within Navitaire and customer data.
- Guide airlines to create effective experiments that enhance the ability to create more effective predictive models.
- Hands on experience building predictive models with tools such as R, Python, SAS or other related programs
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Business, or another related discipline.
- Advanced skills in SQL
- Experience in predictive modeling and data mining techniques such as multivariate analysis, Bayesian methods, decision trees and random forest, gradient boosting, linear regression, logistic regression, SVM, neural networks
- Demonstrated experience in applying machine learning to real-world problems
Wed, 02/14/2018 - 10:34
InsideSales.com is the market leader in the emerging sales acceleration market. Breakthrough innovations in cloud-based communications, predictive analytics, and data visualization have helped make the company one of the hottest employers in the United States. In fact, Inc. Magazine recently recognized the company as the 5th fastest growing software company in the country.
Here at InsideSales.com we believe data trumps intuition, so if you are an individual who is passionate about research and data analysis you might be there person we're looking for!
• Work with the executive team and other departments to identify research topics
• Collaborate with other teams to collect the necessary data
• Design surveys including constructing clear, unbiased survey questions
• Work with other departments and organizations to send out surveys and collect responses
• Validate, clean and restructure data for research purposes
• Analyze data using Excel, statistical methods, etc.
• Work with the executive team to correctly interpret study findings
• Prepare presentations and summaries of study findings for executives, marketing, etc.
• Additional work in sales and marketing operations including reporting and campaign tracking
• Advanced Excel
• Knowledge of Statistics
• Experienced in survey design, survey response psychology, etc
• Good familiarity with PowerPoint
• Bachelors in Statistics, Economics or related field
• Understanding of inside sales operations and model
• Professional written, presentation and oral skills
• Outstanding time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to work on your own and as part of the team
Applicants should email their resumes to Gabe Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wed, 02/14/2018 - 10:33
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform extensive market research and gather data from various sources (online and print).
- Conduct secondary research, including finding information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts.
- Create and maintain up-to-date databases of captured market data.
- Manipulate the data to evaluate the gained information.
- Prepare and hold presentation about gained market information.
- Evaluate market penetration and identify new market opportunities.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause and affect relationships.
- Develop groups and solicit customer feedback in form of questionnaires and surveys.
- Determine brand perceptions and reputations.
- Perform analyses on competitors.
- Identify positive financial outcomes to increase profitability.
- Develop studies and reports about historical, current and future market trends.
- Evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets.
- Support the development of sales-focused company strategies and business cases.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of business and statistical principles involved in business development, marketing and sales.
- Understanding of the application of mining machinery and related equipment.
- Knowledge of micro- and macro-economic theories.
- Be familiar with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and perform presentations.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups, as well as facilitate group events.
- Ability to learn fast.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, International Sales, or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field such as mechanical, electrical or mining engineering and four (4) years of experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
Data Analyst/SQL Analyst
Thu, 02/08/2018 - 08:52
We are seeking a career-focused individual who is proficient in one or more programming languages (preferably SQL and R) and is looking to actively progress toward becoming a subject matter expert on two key banking risk areas: Bank Secrecy Act and Fair Lending Compliance. Flexible hours. Travel opportunities. Innovative ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
This person would interact directly with clients to get from them data in a variety of formats into a format that can be analyzed. For Bank Secrecy Act work, this person analyzes the submitted data using SQL (preferred) or other programming language to identify patterns of activity that may arouse suspicions of money-laundering activity that may warrant closer investigation by our team of analysts. For Fair Lending work, this person analyzes the submitted data through regression analysis techniques to identify patterns of activity that may suggest discrimination or the absence thereof.
Basic writing skills are important, as this person also prepares portions of written reports that present the findings in a way that can be understood by individuals who may be experienced in banking, but may not be technically proficient in data analytics.
**Please email your resume and a cover letter (email@example.com) to be considered for the position.
• Four-year degree.
• Proficient in one or more programming languages (preferably SQL).
• Ability to communicate complex ideas simply.
• Ability to parse data in varying formats.
• Ability to interact well with clients.
Communication, Communication/Writing, Communication/Editing, Computer, Computer/Data analysis, Computer/Microsoft Office, Computer/Database systems, Computer/Database systems/SQL, Computer/Database systems/MySQL, Business, Business/Finance, Statistics, Mathematics/Mathematical Analysis, Mathematics/Reasoning
Business Analytics Data Analyst
Fri, 01/26/2018 - 08:45
Job description and application process in attached document.
Associate Data & Analytics Data Scientist
Fri, 01/26/2018 - 08:52
Tue, 01/16/2018 - 08:54
Full description at website.
Preferred Education Requirements: Master Degree
Minimum Education Requirements: 4 Year College
Preferred Degree: Statistics, Economics, Computer Science
Work Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Sr. Systems Logistics/Reliability Engineer
Mon, 10/23/2017 - 08:30
Ortibal ATK in northern Utah has a job opening. The description and application are at the link.
For stats majors that have taken the reliability course, you can apply online and also contact their representative (email firstname.lastname@example.org for name and email) to ask him questions. He will keep an eye out for your application.